Foster Care and Adoption
These links will take you outside of the Agor Behavioral Health Services, Inc. website. These resources are not intended to replace therapy or counseling. They are provided as a an educational resources for our clients and site visitors.
- Illinois Mentor – http://www.thementornetwork.com – Illinois Mentor offers both adoption and medically supervised foster care services.
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois – http://www.lssi.org – LSSI offers both adoption and foster care services. Adoption services focus on placing children of all ages, some with special medical or emotional needs, in a permanent, loving home. Foster Care services focus on placing children who have experienced neglect or physical, emotional or sexual abuse in a loving and secure home for varying lengths of time. LSSI also works with children who have special medical or emotional needs.
Online Foster Care and Adoption Resources
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Foster Parents – http://adoption.about.com/od/celebrationinspiration/a/fosterresolutio.htm
- The Challenges of Foster Care – http://adoption.about.com/od/fostering/a/fostcarechallen.htm – Article discusses what it means to be a foster parent.
- The Top 8 Things You Need to Know Before Doing Foster Care – http://adoption.about.com/od/fosterin1/a/fosterbasics.htm – Article discussing making the decision, how to understand foster children, working the agencies, working with the birth families and more.
- From Fostering to Adopting – http://www.adopting.org/adoptions/from-fostering-to-adopting.html – Article discusses making the transition from foster parents to adoptive parents.
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Adoptive Parents – http://adoption.about.com/od/newsandreference/a/topquestions.htm
- Adoption.com – Adoption.com offers many resources and articles for those who are interesting in adoption. The site includes information on state laws, statistics and personal stories.
- Real Moms Adoption Newsletter – http://www.comeunity.com/adoption/realmoms/index.html – Real Moms adoption newsletter offers support, information and encouragement for domestic adoption to adoptive and prospective adoptive mothers.
- Special Needs Adoption – http://www.childrensdisabilities.info/adoption/index.html – Articles and books provide suggestions and advice for parents adopting children with special needs.
Sent us a message to request an appointment or more information.
24402 W. Lockport Street,
Plainfield, Illinois 60544
Available by Appointment